Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Malaysian Story : Im a traitor

huh!!!
some may call me a coward...& some have called me a treator...
but please let me tell you how i feel about leaving the homeland for other promised land...

i started working when i was 19 years old...back in 1993...at that time..being young & rather well paid...mind you...i was earning rm3500 & upwards & still 19 years old...i thought...well this is a good life...it has to be..

fast forward 13 years...add 1 wife & 3 lovely children...i started to think...
why is it that after 13 years...i'm still struggling to cover my family's expenses despite earning rm10k upwards...& having travelled the world over...i can see a lot of differences between another guy having the same job as mine in lifestyle & their quality of life against mine in Malaysia...

so i made the tough decision...that is to leave "home" & take my family elsewhere where it may be better...it was not easy to make decision...i can vouch for that...believe me...but i took a stand & left...leaving my families & friends behind...


now...looking back...i think it was a wise decision...the promised land did turn out rather well for me...my career is progressing much faster than how it did in the past 13 years...my family is happy & coping very2 well in our adopted home...my earnings have more than tripled & more importantly...my savings are more in this mere 3 years than what i have had in the past 13 years in Malaysia...it worked out well for me here...so far...alhamdulillah & thank you GOD...

as a muslim..i take my journey away from home as my personal "Hijrah"...
my family is of utmost importance...& i'm doing this for them...that is to provide them a life i could never afford in malaysia...hey... i can even afford a DSLR now you know & a few lenses to go with it too...something i've always wanted to do but couldn't afford to last time...

so gentlemen...please dont take a quick look & judge people like me who'd left the homeland to a better future...i still do contribute to my "tanah tumpah nya darahku"( how?? guess i've to keep this my secret )... i still keep in touch with my families & frens...& i still love my Malaysia...
why should i stay when i can contribute better when i'm away...
i left fighting a cause...& caused by my leaving( & a few of my colleagues too ) we created a vacuum in our previous Co & created jobs for others...not mentioning quite a few who got their long awaited promotion too...

ohhh..i can go on & on...but i guess i'd better keep my thoughts to myself now...

cheers to all...

DB

read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment